Thursday, September 9, 2010

Final Project part 1: Name of Product/ Slogan.

How many products exist in the world? Millions? Billions? Let's just say there is too many products to count. So how can I pick just one and improve its current campaign or come up with a complete new and fresh one. Easy I’m practically superwoman.

Honestly I’ve always liked advertising and making ad campaigns for anything is kind of what I want to go into in my career. Me I like beauty or cosmetic products. They are encompassed under the Fashion umbrella and something I want to pursue. So with this assignment and the upcoming launch for a new makeup line within my favorite company it was almost meant to be.

The company in question is M.A.C. cosmetics. High end makeup but is definitely some of the best makeup out in the market. The new makeup line MAC decided to launch is actually the product I’ve tweeted about constantly. MAC teamed up with Disney and came up with an amazing line for the infamous Disney Villains. The Villains featured are Cruella de Vill, the evil Queen from Snow White, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, and Dr. Facilier of the Princess and the Frog.

So we know the product, now we need an advertising plan and campaign for it. How do you get women to want a product of Disney Villains? All girls always wanted to be princesses and hated the villains growing up. Number one challenge of advertising isn’t the layout it’s the actual concept and coming up with a slogan. Even now how do you get these girls to want to be bad??? Inspiration hit and from then it was almost like a rocket took off.

No comments:

Post a Comment