Thursday, September 9, 2010

EOC Week 9: Triplets
























When referring to triplets I don’t mean when someone has three babies at one time. These triplets that I refer to in the advertising world mean advertisements that have elements that appear in all of them. So here we are looking for triplets, and I have found some.

In my search for, ‘triplet,’ advertisements I found not only one but two different ad campaigns that I liked and plainly demonstrated the similar elements between them. I finally decided on my personal favorite; Givenchy advertisements.

Givenchy has always been one of my favorite brands just because it has a dark and sensual feel to it that is very chic and elegant and without a doubt appealing. Its elegance and fierce sexual nature was something very obvious and never lacking in Givenchy’s campaign.

There are always similar elements in ad campaigns, but how do we know that they’re triplets??? Simple, Triplets will always have the same format which include, “color palette, style of images, work from the same photographer or illustrator, or font family.” The similarities between Givenchy’s ad is the color palette and style of images.

These Givenchy advertisements are triplets for a few different reasons. First off let us start with the most obvious, color. All of the images are completely black and white. Not only making the images look alike and obviously reminiscent of Givenchy but also giving the images an elegant feel. I think that there is a more obvious reason and more important reason why these images are considered triplets; that reason being style. The style of images is this futuristic, elegant, and badass feel that is never lacking in Givenchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment