Thursday, August 26, 2010

EOC Week 6: Make 'Em Laugh

The hilarious commercials are definitely always the advertisements we tend to remember. They tickle our funny bone and make a connection with us, the consumers, by making us laugh. A commercial that I personally find hilarious and can never forget was the Heineken Walk-In Fridge commercial.

Beer commercials tend to always be the funniest commercials and are always selling the experience. Ranging in selling the girls or just the fun time at a game, beer companies tend to make it very humorous. But Heineken just made me always think of them first when thinking of beer with this commercial.

Me, I love fashion so I’ve never really seen a beer commercial even associated with fashion unless you count the endless models they always put in their commercials. One day out of nowhere after watching I think, a Project Runway episode, I see this commercial. It starts with a lady having a housewarming party and showing her friends her apartment when they all walk and she shows them the prize!! No not beer not yet! She shows them the Walk-In closet! We women love giant closets. You hear the ever present squealing! So then we hear even more amazed squealing and happy yelling but it is no longer the ladies. It’s the men! Yelling and screaming over what? The Walk- In fridge full of Heineken! To any men this fridge is most definitely worth squealing, giddy laughter, a few, “Oh my God’s,” and even tears.


The part that just makes me crack up every time I even think about this commercial is that it compares the two genders. This compares a woman’s excitement for a walk-in closet to a man’s excitement for a refrigerator full of beer. I know that when I saw my walk in closet I was extremely excited and giddy. Maybe the feeling I got would be the same as what my husband would feel to have a walk in fridge full of beer!

How much does a six pack of Heineken cost you? Well the men's reactions in this commercial are PRICELESS.



No comments:

Post a Comment